Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Contrition

I don't often prognosticate while writing this blog (Greggggggg thinks that's because I'm trying to insulate myself from criticism; in reality it's because I am too busy ranting about writers like Greggggggggg to deal with what the future may or may not hold).  But when I read that "Andrew Luck is a legitimate MVP candidate and the Colts will make the playoffs" article a couple months ago, I couldn't resist.  I should have.  Good for the Colts.  I was absolutely wrong about them--Luck, however, continues to rank 29th in the league (out of 34 eligible) in QB rating, T-1st in interceptions, and 33rd in completion percentage.  Just sayin'.  He's been pretty good for a rookie, and his team's record has improved greatly with him under center, but he's not among the top 50 in the MVP discussion.  If he won it this year, they'd have to rewrite the history books and award it to Tebow in 2011.

I'd also like to clarify that while I am contrite about this particular botched prediction, I am not contrite about anything else I've ever done or said in the course of writing this blog or elsewhere in my life.  Happy holidays everyone.

3 comments:

Jethro from Arkansas said...

Contrition is for losers like Peyton Manning's 9-10 career playoff mark. Thank God for Rex Grossman.

Adam said...

"If Russell Wilson ever starts for a full season for a team that finishes with a winning record, post your address in the comments of this post and I will mail you a dollar." - Larry B

Larry B said...

I really will mail you that dollar, Adam. Post the address or send it to the blog email. Sigh.