Sunday, May 10, 2009

I'll Tell You This Much-

Usually when I see previews for a new movie, I think "Meh. I probably won't see that. Doesn't look like anything special." I mean, movies are expensive these days. I have to be picky about which ones I see in the theaters. I'm not dropping $11 on something that doesn't look completely awesome. With the possible exception of "Hotel for Dogs," I haven't been convinced to see any movie in the theaters by a preview anytime in recent memory.

BUT- but- there's an exception to this rule.

If you splice some sports highlights into said previews, all bets are off. All of a sudden, my desire to see that movie skyrockets. I mean, I like sports. So if you make a ridiculous advertisement for something not even remotely related to sports, but include sports clips in it, it only makes sense that I will now want to purchase that product. Marketing 101! I tell you, whoever made this is a fucking genius.



No, but seriously, whoever came up with the idea for these cross-promotions is the biggest asshole alive. Bigger than Brett Favre, you ask? Yes. Bigger than Brett Favre. Sports/movie cross promotions should be legally classified as hate crimes against people with brains.

7 comments:

Elliot said...

I can't believe they're moving the Finals to the Vatican.

BTW I loved Kobe in Saving Private Ryan.

P.S. Dan Brown sucks.

Jarrett said...

I see your NBA Postseason/Angels and Demons and I raise you an NHL Postseason/300. Wow, good thing I can't embed this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOLEvbJvCX0

Alex said...

People who believe Dan Brown suck more.

The NBA and the Illumanti? Now there's a conspiracy that makes sense!

Anyway, I'm with you. I completely ignore previews. They piss me off so much I'd go see an Icelandic film with no subtitles just to piss them off.

Alex said...

Illuminati. I can't spell while eating tortillas.

Biggus Rickus said...

I think I read somewhere that the Vatican was involved in the Pats getting screwed out of that Super Bowl against the Giants. Maybe Simmons?

Bengoodfella said...

Word verification: polare

(I just turned into Chris W)

I don't know if it smart for the NBA and TNT to get involved with promoting a movie that involves a vast conspiracy to cover up the truth. Between the officiating this year and the years before, the 1985 draft, Michael Jordan's first "retirement," and generally every foul called that puts Pierce, Kobe, LeBron or Wade to the foul line, I think they would want to make it seem like they like anything involved with a conspiracy.

Maybe it is just me.

Chris W said...

just go see the damn movie you cheapo