Wednesday, March 19, 2008

He Might Have To Transfer To Michigan After This

Terrelle Pryor's announcement earlier today as to where he'll attend college starting this fall:

Everybody here? Alright, good. (Unzips warmup jacket to reveal school shirt, puts on school hat) The University of Ohio State.

Hmmmm... let's break this down. I like the cool and casual style. He made sure all 350 invited media members were present, and then just dove right in. No fluff. And the fact that he utilized both a shirt and and a hat, rather than just a hat like most kids do, was a nice change of pace. But there's one major issue here. I think everyone knows what I'm talking about. He didn't use that school's vernacular name, which when said aloud usually makes me want to smother whoever said it with a chloroform-soaked rag. Get with the program, Terrelle: if you're going to be a Buckeye, you're going to have to sound like a fuckbag whenever you say "[explitive] Ohio State University."

2 comments:

Chris W said...

I'd love to see some ex-cowboy or ex-beaver introduce himself before a Monday Night Football game as "Jim Powell, THE Oklahoma/Oregon State University"

Bengoodfella said...

I also like how he stated at the press conference that his waiting to announce a school was "not all about me or my need for the spotlight." Maybe I could have believed that if he did not state this at a press conference and if he had not called a press conference to announce he had not made a decision on a college yet.