Friday, February 8, 2008

Presenting: Punchlines That Write Themselves, Vol. 1

So I'm watching "1st and 10," or as I like to call it "Skip Bayless's Fun-Time Happy Half Hour." The panelists start discussing this stupid non-story about Pedro Martinez attending a cockfight in the DR. One of the no-names on the show tepidly compares the situation to Mike Vick and his dogfighting ring. In response, Skip steps up to the plate in Martinez's defense by pointing out that dogs are much different animals than roosters.

"Dogs are considered to have human-like personalities. I mean, some dogs are smarter than their owners!"

How much do you want to bet Skip owns a dog?

(insert laugh track)

I'll be here all year.

2 comments:

Miserable Bastard said...

I saw that as well - apparently one of these assclowns thinks that attending a cockfight in the DR, where it is LEGAL, is the same as funding and running an illegal operation in the US. Awesome.

Derpsauce said...

It's comments like those that keep me from watching 1st and 10 at all. Like, it's great material for the site, but I'm usually eating lunch around then, and Bayless makes it hard for me to keep my food down.