Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Lee Corso: Strung Out, Or Just Confused?

Lee was on ESPN Radio's "The Mike Tirico Show" yesterday, which was actually "The Chris Fowler Show" for the day because Tirico was out of town. Chris (apparently not realizing that asking Corso to contribute in a non-visual medium prevents him from wearing mascot heads, which severely limits his entertainment value) called Coach asked him for his very early preseason top 5:

"USC, Georgia, Florida, Ohio State, LSU, and, uh, Georgia. So that's more than five teams but you get the idea."

Is that more than five? Yes... but also, no. My head is spinning. Shit, I've fallen into Lee's web of nonsense. This is how I'd probably feel if Gregg Easterbrook wrote an article about how the Patriots represent evil and the Colts represent good. If.

And I apologize that all my posts this week have been pathetic little pieces of crap. I'm sure all four of you are very disappointed. As you may or may not remember, I hate it when bloggers share information about their personal lives. So all I will say to explain myself is that I just started a new job which requires getting up much earlier than I'm used to and keeps me away from computers all day. I know what you're thinking- yes, I'm now a hot air balloon tour guide. Anyways I'll work on adjusting my schedule to allow for longer posts. I'm being sincere when I say that I miss writing them as much as some of you miss reading them.

The other excuse I can make is that it's late February so there ain't jack diddly shit going on in the world of sports right now. (Relatively.) Come March 31, I'm pretty sure things around here will kick into high gear.

2 comments:

Chris W said...

what a fucking boring top 5. Hey! 5 teams that ended in the top 5 last year and the NC from two years ago who was in the top 10 or whatever this year.

Sweet dude....

Jim said...

Le needs another SEC team in there, maybe throw LSU or Florida in again, and he can have a top 8.