Thursday, April 10, 2008

Quick Peter King Update

Thanks to reader Erik for alerting me to the fact that King is always writing ridiculous bullshit, even during the offseason. Neither of these items from last Sunday's column really requires a lot of analysis. Just soak them in.

I think we need to let Matt Leinart live his life and not freak out when photos show up of him in a hot tub with four bikini-clad girls. Tell me something: What's wrong with a very eligible bachelor hanging out with attractive girls (apparently very much of age) in a hot tub some night early in the offseason? I heard a TV person call the photos "disturbing.'' Why is it bad for Leinart to be photographed with four pretty girls in a hot tub, doing nothing but smiling for the camera?

I haven't seen the picture. I bet not everyone's hands are visible, though. Dick joke.

Now, I guess it's not the best image to have Leinart, in another photo, delivering a beer to a girl in one of those college funnel-type apparatuses, but again, tell me what there is to be outraged about? Is there proof that any of them are 17?

Well, no, I guess not. The ol' "But officer, she told me she was probably 18" defense. Peter King, you are a creep. I think it's worth pointing out that with his loose-living ways and seemingly friendly, down-to-Earth, good ol' boy personality, Leinart has a lot in common with a young Brett Favre. No wonder King is rushing to his defense.

Had a moving movie experience the other day at an IMAX theater in New York. I saw U2 3D, the three-dimensional film of a U2 concert in Buenos Aires in 2006. If you like U2, and you're within an hour of a 3-D theater somewhere in the world and the movie is still playing, you simply have to go. For $16 (or whatever it costs where you see it), it's the closest thing -- damn close, really -- to actually being in the middle of a pulsating crowd with Bono wailing out, Where the Streets Have No Name, with your leg bouncing up and down. Incredible. Bono's in your lap. The bouncing crowd, jumping up and down, is all around you.

In Erik's words, Peter is really "sexing it up" here. Personally, I'd rather Bono not be in my lap.

4 comments:

Bengoodfella said...

I actually did not think the photos of Matt Leinart were that big of a deal either. He probably should not put himself in those situations and go for a girls a little older than those tween-adults, but other than that, he was being the douche we all know he is.

I would also bet Peter King thinks Brett Favre's "I am coming back possibly or maybe not, though it is tempting" is not a slap in the face to Aaron Rodgers. I wonder how King would defend Favre when he says, "Aaron fell into a great situation..." Actually, Rodgers sat his semi-talented ass on the bench for three years watching you throw INT's and play a game of chicken with retirement every year. I think Rodgers deserves a chance to start now that Favre "retired", but no, Favre has to try and show up on the scene again to steal some spotlight. Favre can be incredibly selfish in that way, but King will never say that.

Just thought I would get that out there. Favre fucking annoys the hell out of me. At least when Clemens played retirement chicken there was not only one position available to be filled in case he did come back.

Anonymous said...

I like to think that when Favre says he might come back if the Packers have an injury, he isn't talking about just Rogers. Like maybe if Justin Harrell gets injured in week one, Favre will show up and demand the starting quarterback job. Its alright though, because he's just having fun out there. Unlike Cleo Lemon, who really would rather be elsewhere.

Bengoodfella said...

Oh yes, the first "anonymous" that makes a great point. I think Favre would make a great cornerback, you can just see him breaking up a pass in the secondary and then slapping the QB on the butt playfully. Just havin' some fun, trying to help my team win, unlike the other Packer players who are secretly playing to lose the game. Do you think if Brett was a cornerback and Peyton Manning was about to break the record for number of touchdowns thrown in a season, Brett would intentionally let the receiver get past him so he could have the record and then claim he fell in the secondary?

Anonymous said...

IMAX U2 3D is simply awesome