Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Basement Dwellers, Stand Tall

Fuck this job of mine. No time for a real post tonight, again, but I will share a link that everyone definitely should read. Yes, this is a huge copout and it's a sad excuse as a replacement for a real post. But at the same time, yes, this is also one of the most coherent explanations I've ever seen as to why sports blogs are so popular and important. (Anti media blogs specifically may not fall under the umbrella of the author's thesis, but hey, who really cares about us anyways.)

I'm quitting this job in a few weeks- my blog activity should go back to last fall/winter's levels at that point. Until then, we might just have to revert to Archie's intern idea to get things going around here. Any takers on that? No? Go fuck yourselves.

I'll put something real up tomorrow, promise.

4 comments:

Archie Micklewhite said...

Unfortunately, if I were to stand tall, I would most likely hit some form of gas pipe. My mom once explained that could cause explosions, and her basement isn't strong enough to withstand most types of explosion.

And I have to agree - Big Daddy Drew knows his shit. His ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to his newsletter. Truly the warrior poet of the blogger revolution (blogolution?).

Anonymous said...

I would like to formally apply for the internship in charge of linking to week old articles that everyone has already read. What's that, there's no need? Oh, OK.

larry b said...

anonymous- Thanks for the sarcasm, you ass. I'm very disconnected from teh blogopipes right now. I didn't know that everyone had seen that. Fuck, I haven't been to The Big Lead or Deadspin (except to read that link, which was sent to me) in over two weeks. The only blog I check every day anymore is KSK.

At least you're not Anonymous.

Tonus said...

Don't quit your job, larry! They'll make me stuff twice as many envelopes per month now!!!