Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Peter Kings MMQBTEABIPKD

Monday Morning Quarterback Tuesday Edition Appendix Because I'm Peter King Dammit

10 Things I think I think about the NFL and some other stuff

1. I think this Drew Brees kid is going to be good. Real good. Maybe even Tom Brady good.

2. Randy Moss checked into Patriots mini camp today. According to my insider sources, he's never been in better shape, and he and Tom hit it off right away like they've been playing together for years. Moss caught some deep bombs from Brady with ease. The Pats are looking unstoppable on offense, and we haven't even hit preseason yet.

3. On that note, I've always said that the best way to improve your team by at least 4 wins the following season is to pick up as many wide recievers as possible, be it through the draft or free agency. New England did just that this off season, and they will be all the better for it. It has worked wonders for the Lions and will continue to do so in the future.

4. A reader,
Mike from Bloomingdale, IL, wants me to predict the top five in the NFL this season. I usually wait until the season starts before making sweeping claims, but I'll make an exception this week.

1. The Patriots
2. Mocha Low Fat Extra Shot Latte
3. Tom Brady
4. The Colts (although with some huge reservations)
5. The 1997 Green Bay Packers

5. My non-Patriots realated football thoughts of the week.

a. The Jets have, for the past couple of seasons, been close to turning from a mediocre team to a great playoff team. Can they make the big step up this season? I don't think so. Not while playing in the same division as Belichick & Co. whose class, work ethic, and talent are unparalleled.

b. I'm sick of hearing these spoiled, overpaid, crybaby NFL stars complain about new commish Goodall's strict punishment for off the field antics. I wish we could just talk about football, I mean it's not like most of these stories are taken out of context or blown out of proportion by us over here in the sports media. Just shut up and play.

c. Sorry, Aaron Rodgers, looks like you'll be waiting a few more seasons; just take it as an oppertunity to learn from one of the all time greats.

My non-football thoughts of the week:

6. Paris Hilton is a perfect example of this
new generation's disrespect for authority and the rules of law.

7. How about those Red Sox? Sure they've let a 14 1/2 game lead waste away and their hitters couldn't hit against a high school pitcher, but you've just got to love those loveable, underdog scamps.

8. Aggravating Travel note of the week. The Days Inn in DesMoines is one of the poorest excuses for a hotel I've seen in years. It was 2AM and I was dying for some Flamin' Hot Cheetos. I put my 75 cents into the lobby vending machine, and sure enough the bag of Cheetos gets stuck. I demanded a refund from the clerk, but he told me that the machine was owned by a separate company, and I'd have to call them with any problems. I can't believe the nerve of some people

9. Coffeenerdeness: Starbucks rolled out a whole new line of Frappuccinos for the summer. The Java Chip Mint Frap with no whip is outstanding, but I don't know what they were thinking with the Dolce De Leche Frap. It's nearly identical to the Caramel Frap, but with less flavor and a bitter aftertaste.

10. I had forgotten how hot it gets here in the summer.

2 comments:

larry b said...

bill belichek tried to steal my wife by giving her a bunch of expensive gifts, that's not very classy. although i do have to respect his talent and work ethic.

Chris W said...

this could double as a jackie harvey column