Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Dan Uggla Hates Winning

The eminent second sacker for the erstwhile Marlins had this to say after last night's contest:

"That was a rough one, I'm not going to lie," he said. "You can say the term, 'When it rains it pours.' I still had a lot of fun. I still wouldn't change it for anything."


You wouldn't change losing the game and having perhaps the worst single-game performance in All-Star history for anything?

Even if I offered you a brand-new three-acre private island in the Bahamas, you wouldn't trade your performance for maybe a game-winning sac fly instead of your GIDP? Or maybe if I went back in time to 2004 and bought you a Faberge egg at auction, you would maybe not make one of your three errors?

Man. Dan Uggla had one hell of a time.

1 comment:

Derpsauce said...

Dan Uggla's life is over.

Aside from me desperately rooting for him to get the game-winning hit and redeem himself, I was passionately rooting for the American League.

I wonder how many quotes like these I'm going to make up now that Morrissey has provoked me.....