Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Final Bow

October 16th, 2007 may not seem like an important date to any of you, but it was quite possible the most nerve racking night spent by a computer for me. I wanted my first post to go as smoothly as possible, and for some reason I decided that posting at night would help me ease into my new role. So I went to the ultimate source of hockey dumbery - Daryl Reaugh - and crafted my very first FJM post. The tag 'hockey' was surprisingly already created but it has come a far way, honey. Formerly banished with other great one post only tags such as "this man has no penis (Gregg Doyel edition)" and "more like designated shitter," "hockey" is now tied with "gene wojciechowski," "lunchpail alert," and "something that doesn't suck."

However, I have to sadly make my last post here at FireJay. It has truly been a great forum for myself and my colleagues. After meticulously checking the spelling of my horrific typing and making sure that everything is bold and italic like I like it, there's a little bit of joy that comes through for me when I click that little post button. And tonight, as I fix the posting options to put this up at the right time, it will sadly be my last here.

My announcement may come as a shock to some, and most others will not care. I'm perfectly fine with that. I have taken a job that I feel has brought up a conflict of interest with my posting and a potential career path is important to myself and my soon-to-be bride than posting about horrible hockey writing could be. I'll miss posting and might come back to comment every once and a while, but for today, I'm going to have to hang up my laptop and say thanks to all 9 of you loyal readers.

Tonus - CHOX!!1!

bengoodfella - You'll find other hockey posts out there. I just know it.

My fellow FJM crew - It's your turn to try and make a joke.

CHart - 0.0

9 comments:

Venezuelan Beaver Cheese said...

Well this is just great. Now who's going to call out Terry Frei on his Avalanche-centrism?

Jack M said...

Great, another hockey post.

Tonus said...

"Tonus - CHOX!!1!"

Crap, he knows I'm a Rangers fan. :(

Anonymous said...

Your moms box?

The Bard said...

0.0? what's that? The percentage of women who don't find you physically revolting?

Oh wait, it's an Avs suck joke. I just forgot to click on the link for a second because I got so distracted by my 1996 AND 2001 Stanley Cup Championship merchandise. My favorite thing is from the 01 Conference Finals, it's a t-shirt that says "Foregone Conclusion -- 5 game series".

Bengoodfella said...

I am going to find other hockey posts? But where? Is this an April Fool's joke? If so, it is not funny.

Bengoodfella said...

I know it was a joke when he mentioned his bride-to-be. That's impossible! Bloggers don't leave their mom's basement so there is no way he was able to meet a girl in his mom's basement. Plus, he mentioned a career, when everyone knows bloggers are all college graduates who can't find a job due to their poor hygiene.

Good try Jarrett, but you can't fool me.

Jeff said...

Hey the hockey guy posted something I read.

Chris W said...

I wish you would post more, Jeff