Sunday, March 25, 2012

Knock me over with a feather


What the hell is this? Is that an interesting, well researched article by Bill Simmons that ISN'T also a) mainly Bill Simmons telling everyone about Bill Simmons and his family and friends or b) indefensibly wrong about sports in a dozen different ways? By jove I think it is. Good on him. When he sticks to basketball, and specifically sticks to telling a story about basketball with facts, he's somewhat inoffensive. I know that I haven't provided a link to a Simmons column in years, but go ahead and click that link. It's not a trick. Rick Astley is not waiting for you on the other side. That's one of the most interesting articles I've read in the last few months. No foolin'.

Of course, just in case you were worried that Simmons was turning some kind of corner, he's not.


LOL! I thought he meant Miami-OKC, until it turned out that he didn't


1) Fuck stories about your fantasy team, I promise you no one worthwhile cares 2) Fuck your AL-only keeper league 3) Depending on how the keeper rules work, that's either a bad trade or a comically atrocious trade


America's foremost Manning hater strikes again. HE'S NOT AS GOOD AS BRADY, HE JUST ISN'T, I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PROVE THIS BUT I KNOW IT DEEP DOWN IN MY SOUL. I THINK IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT HE DOESN'T PLAY FOR THE GREATRIOTS. Bonus stupidity points for implying that Tebow has any kind of shot at ever being more than a mediocre QB.


Finally! The "Blow Up American Idol" draft everyone's been clamoring for!


Great idea for a sketch. Pitch it to Kimmel! No but seriously, that's a pretty bad joke.

Still, I strongly and non-sarcastically recommend the article I linked at the beginning of the post. It's very cool. Here, I'll provide the link again.

(Wait, no, don't click that one! Click the one at the top instead)

No comments: