Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What's the less obnoxious alternative here:

Red Sox make the playoffs, or we spend three or four weeks after the season ends reading about whether or not a few resting starting pitchers having a few beers caused the whole team to tank down the stretch? On September 28th I would have chosen the latter but now I'm not so sure. Jiminy Fucking Christmas on a pogo stick. LET IT DIE, ESPN. LET IT DIE. It's especially irrelevant since the person whose job it is to keep the team focused has since been canned. Of course, the series of articles about BEERGATE 2011 did give us this great Joe Torre quote:


"It's something we're going to look at and find the best way to approach it, let's put it that way," he said, according to the paper. "That's one thing where I feel comfortable, the fact that I played and I managed. I have no problem talking to someone in regards to baseball, whether it's behavior or otherwise."

That's a lot of words to say "I guess my job is to fix problems for MLB or something. Not sure how to do it though."

TMQR later this week.

No comments: